From 1 October 2008 putting up decking or other raised platforms, in your garden is permitted development, not needing an application for planning permission, providing:
• The decking is no more than 30cm above the ground.
• Together with other extensions, outbuildings etc, the decking or platforms cover no more than 50 per cent of the garden area.
• The permitted development allowances described here apply to houses not flats, maisonettes or other buildings.
• Neither do they apply to commercial premisis where the rules differ nor you need to talk to Crown or your resident experts to ensure that you receive the correct information.
• Building Regulations should be assumed to apply to every deck structure requiring planning permission. If you are unsure about whether you are required to comply, you may wish to contact your local Building Control body or Crown direct.
Crown cover all aspects of decking from the supply and delivery of materials, design and installation of projects and offer advice to assist with a project of your own. We offer an extensive range of decking products which are available softwood, hardwood, composite and all related accessories necessary for constructing a decking project.
We provide a decking design and installation service for the home garden, school, hotel and many other commercial projects. All of our staff are experienced, insured and we have been installing decks for over a decade under the strict guide lines set by TRADA and current building regulation practices. Using these standards we can deliver a high specification project to your exacting designs
Natural timber has been used extensively for decking for decades. However within months, the surface becomes water logged, and often algae forms, making the decking very slippery. CrownComposite is an attractive alternative to using timber materials for decking, patios and roof top garden environments and has some major advantages.
We use only the finest Scandinavian treated softwood timber decking. As installers of fine timber decking schemes we have to be certain that our timber decking materials are of the best you can buy. That's why we use Scandinavian timber for all of our soft wood decking schemes. The Scandinavian countries emulate our own climate more than any other timber producing areas in the world, so it seems logical to use the timber decking produced in that area.
Mezzanine Floors are one of the most cost effective methods that an organisation can choose to expand its business. Whether it be additional retail space, additional office accommodation or the necessity for increased storage space, a mezzanine floor makes use of otherwise wasted headroom.